Teen Drug Addiction Treatment Centers in CA
Addiction Doesn’t Discriminate By Age
Addiction can find adults, and it certain can find adolescents. Many adolescents exist in a society where the dare to experiment with alcohol or drugs is around every corner. As such, teens need to be taught at an early age about the dangers of drugs and alcohol. Teens, many in the nation, try alcohol, drugs and tobacco. Some teens experiment only a few times, and decide to quit. Others, arrive at a point where they can no longer control their cravings.
The sad and alarming thing is that many teens take experimentation to the next level and abuse actual, dangerous household chemicals (inhalants) and prescription drugs taken from their parent’s medicine cabinet. Alcohol is the substance of choice for most teens because it is so readily available. Why do teens and adolescents abuse alcohol and drugs?
- Teens want to fit in with certain groups. Peer pressure is overwhelming for teens in many cases. Unfortunately, many adolescents want the freedom of adults without the responsibility of having to answer for their actions.
- Teens abuse drugs and alcohol because they like the way they feel afterward. Of course, this is the same excuse anyone will give for substance abuse. However, their body will develop a tolerance, and they will end up abusing more often. Before lone, addiction will set in.
- Adolescents abuse alcohol and drugs because it makes them feel grown up. That is a sad excuse, but a very relevant one. Far too many adults abuse drugs and teenagers feel they have a valid excuse to experiment as a result.
At Sprout Health California Detox, we have the experience to address any addiction, and to look for co-occurring illnesses as well. Teens may resort to using drugs and alcohols for reasons other than peer pressure. There may be other mental health challenges like anxiety disorders, or even family problems that have led to addiction. Our goal, through a deep assessment, is to conduct a thorough physical and psychological exam so that we can treat the individual as a whole.
Our Tailored Approach
Our treatment programs are tailored to ensure that our trained clinicians can deliver the best program fit for the needs of our patient and their family. Our programs place focus on:
- Family Participation – Our detox treatment can help teens rid their body of harmful chemicals. Rehab treatment offers therapies that helps teens to make the connection between their thoughts and actions. Family participation helps everyone involved to better understand the causes of addiction and the triggers that can lead their loved one into relapse.
- Counseling – Is offered in one-on-one sessions, or in group sessions, to help teens build accountability and coping skills. They gain a deeper understanding of the underlying issues of their addiction problem.
The Assessment Process
So that we can better understand an adolescent, we gather information about their medical history, and current issues they may be having with their family. We will also discuss the teen’s drug use history and other emotional or mental issues that might exist. Once the right assessments have been made, we can tailor the adolescents program and begin detox.
If the detox is residential and inpatient, the client will stay at our facility where their condition can be monitored 24/7. We can provide medication as needed and make program adjustments along the way. During rehab, we introduce cognitive therapies that will address psychological disorders that include fear, anger, depression, loneliness, dependence, and other personality problems.
Outpatient treatments allow individuals to return home at the end of the session each day. These people have shown that they have their addiction measurably under control. Outpatient treatments are just as effective as inpatient treatments.
We Understand Youth
It takes a lot to understand today’s youth. To be fair and advocate their cause, there are a lot of complications and distractions that many youths find confusing. Our goal is to work with our adolescents in such a way that they can learn from their mistakes and stay sober for the rest of their life. After all, they have their entire life ahead of them to achieve. If your adolescent is showing signs of drug or alcohol abuse, contact us today. We have helped thousands of teens to pick themselves up and get back on the right track.
We can give both teens and parents the tools needed understand addiction and to beat it. Call today and set an appointment. We can help.