With respect to drug addiction, the journey back to a life of sobriety is not an easy one. For many, it can become a commitment that lasts a lifetime. It will require hard work and focused dedication. However, the rewards of turning a life of addiction into one of recovery are immeasurable. The first brave step is to admit that one has an addiction. Then, like any worthwhile endeavor, the road to success begins by taking a few necessary steps forward and participating in drug detox.
A Better Understanding of the Rehab Process and Drug Detox Programs
The addiction recovery process will vary for each person, and largely depends on the severity of their addiction, the treatment plan proposed, and the addicted person’s character. Their will to break free may be paramount to everything else. However, effective drug detox programs all share several elements in common in being able to treat drug addiction.
- Intake – During the intake process, a treatment facility will conduct a thorough assessment and obtain documentation from other facilities, if relevant, and the patient’s medical history. The family’s history or personal drug use is equally important. Intake coordinators can also help a patient determine payment for their treatment. Patients are briefed about the entire rehab process and what to expect. They are also briefed on what to bring and what to leave behind if their treatment is inpatient. Diagnostic tests and various medical screening will likely take place to help determine the best methods of treatment.
- Drug Detox – This can be the most challenging process for any patient. The patient’s treatment plan is tailored to fit their needs. While medications can be administered, clinicians are also focused on providing the counseling that helps patients identify the causes and remedies to remain sober. Co-occurring conditions can also be identified and treated during detoxification.
- Rehab – Rehab provides a solution for individuals and loved ones who search for the means to beat an addiction. There are numerous options, which include inpatient, outpatient, short-term, long-term, Twelve Step, and dual diagnosis etc. The goal of any rehab program is to help the patient through detox, and then to establish a strong rehabilitation program. Rehab can consist of one-on-one counseling, family counseling, and group counseling with the patient’s approval. Excellent rehab services take all things into consideration that can help patients work toward a lasting recovery.
- Ongoing Recovery – This program can be just as critical as drug detox and rehab. A patient must have a legitimate structure of support that allows them to stay in touch with their center and to pursue other avenues of support like Narcotics Anonymous (NA). Ongoing recovery can provide patients with the tools and support to stay sober and live the life they were intended to live. Not every recovering individual can walk the straight and narrow. Ongoing support encourages a person, if they relapse, to get back in the saddle to keep pushing for sobriety.
The key in getting the treatment one needs is to make sure that a drug detox facility meets their needs. Drug detox programs and counseling programs should provide tried and proven methods that deliver results. The first hurdle to overcome is drug detox. California offers patients an excellent solution in Sprout Health California.
Key points to remembers about drug addiction.
- Addiction affects both the brain and a person’s behavior.
- Early treatment is the best approach to treating addiction. It results in the best outcomes.
- Treatment, whether voluntary or court-ordered, can be just as effective. A full recovery is possible.
- There is no one-size-fits-all program. The best drug detox programs are able to tailor treatment plans to a patient’s needs.
- The best treatment plans will address, holistically, every area of a person’s life. Addiction and substance abuse can be caused by numerous things.
- Patients realize the best results when they have a deep and abiding need to get well.
- Behavioral therapy is a common form of treatment during rehab that can help patients make the connection between their thoughts and actions.
Rehab and overcoming an addiction is a serious undertaking Drug detox in California is a viable solution for anyone looking to overcome their drug addiction.